31 July 2009

Snevejret O'Clock and All Is Well




I made this clock using only a clock kit and a foreign language children's book I found at a street fair. I also tore some pages out before I made the clock so I could make signs later (you'll see).








Here it is from the side!








I drilled a hole all the way through the book with a screwdriver. Eventually, the peg from the clock kit I bought (below) could fit through the hole. Then I put everything together and suddenly it was time for numbers. I couldn't believe it!



Here's that clock kit I was talking about. I painted the numbers and clock hands black because I thought that might make them more visible on the busy, busy Swedish cover. One day I'll ask Philippa what it means, and she can ask Johan. BECAUSE JOHAN IS SWEDISH!!