14 April 2011

Matthew McConaughey Has A Gravity Problem

photos courtesy Amazon.com
I was writing a post about Matthew McConaughey's top/only four awesome movie roles when I noticed that a lot of his romantic comedy movie dvd covers suffer from some sort of gravity problem. Kate Hudson and SJP desperately prop up his body weight while Jennifer Garner clutches his lapel to keep him from falling over, apparently into a crowd of zombies. What is this world that his movie boxes take place in?! Not a very romantic one. More like endlessly punishing...in more ways than one! Get it? These movies are also bad movies.

However! Matthew McConaughey has some terrific film roles - so terrific that I was inspired to write a post about it based solely on his #1 role. It's a pretty great #1. Let's go!

4. I'm hearing rumblings about The Lincoln Lawyer that it's getting 90% on Rotten Tomatoes. No, it's 83%. Ok, that's pretty close. Whatever. Go see it, or don't for all I care. I'm just saying it's probably goodish, at least.

3. Also, according to IMDb Matt McC played Andrew Jackson in a 2003 miniseries called Freedom: A History of Us. YOWZA!!!!! Andrew Jackson?!?! Netflix, here I come! But wait, oh no, no. Netflix doesn't even know what I'm talking about. But it costars Tom Hanks as Abe Lincoln and Kevin Kline as Thomas Jefferson! What is this terrible world McConaughey hath wrought? Is there some sort of curse?

2. He's pretty great in Tropic Thunder. Rick Peck, as in "Yo Tuggernuts! It's the Pecker." But that's nothing compared to...

1.
Congratulations, David Wooderson!
Wooderson from Dazed & Confused! My favorite movie to watch on New Year's Day happens to feature my favorite character Matthew McConaughey has ever played. What an unbelievable coincidence! Wooderson is the most watchable character in movie history, and please tell me if you have a different opinion, Matt McCo or otherwise. I'm just saying, maybe it'd be a lot cooler if you did.

1 comment:

  1. The most watchable character in movie history is: every character in Clue.

    ReplyDelete