14 July 2010

Food Of July

Dear eaters,

Perhaps you'd like to know what I've been cooking/taking pictures of lately. Well, for starters, I made red-, white-, and blue-striped cookies for the Fourth of July. I brought them to a roof party and people and birds ate them.

I also made blueberry frozen yogurt to combat the intense summer heat. You're supposed to put a thimbleful of liquor/liqueur in this kind of thing to keep it from getting covered in ice crystals in the freezer, but I didn't have any booze that lent itself to blueberry. Which means I don't have nearly the Schnapps collection I'd always imagined myself having at 24. Will work on it. Here are pictures of both desserts, plus their recipes!

Fourth of July Icebox Cookies
(I can't find this recipe anywhere on the internet. Oh gosh. I printed it and taped it into my little cookbook, though, so I'll find out its source later and cite it.)

Blueberry Greek Frozen Yogurt
(recipe winged by Me)

Blend 3 cups of fresh (rinsed) blueberries, 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt (I used a mixture of full-fat and no-fat), 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar (or you could try honey), a pinch of salt, and a pinch of cinnamon (optional) in a large bowl with an immersion blender. Chill the mixture in the fridge for a few hours, then run it through an ice cream machine for 30 minutes. Let it freeze overnight (or 6-8 hours if you make it in the morning). Only then will you enjoy!

E voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment