12 April 2012

Do Watch The Bitch In Apartment 23


Last night I watched the first two episodes of Don't Trust the B- in Apartment 23, and I plan on watching a lot more of the series for the following reasons:

1) I never want to stop watching Krysten Ritter ever in my life. From the instant I saw her on Gilmore Girls playing Rory's first-ever friend (somehow? what about Lane?), I had to know who she was and what else she was in. Why do I like watching her so much? I don't know, just because she's great I guess. Plus she looks interesting and has good timing.


2) James Van Der Beek does a great James Van Der Beek. It's like he took his role in Rules of Attraction really, really seriously and then ran full-speed with it for the next 10 years. It also couches the characters in a fairly precise subgeneration, of which I'm automatically a member. Becky!


3) The plots of the first two episodes are full of information and action, yet they don't come off as too much to work with. All the cutaways of Chloe's (Krysten Ritter) misbehavior do triple-duty: they introduce us to new characters and facts about the apartment, they foreshadow what's likely to happen to new roommate June (Dreama Walker), and they take Chloe's foregone evilness to its comedic extremes. Economic storytelling, I love you!

4) The first Jimmy Olsen from Lois & Clark is in episode 2. Hubba hubba!!!!!!!!!


5) I'm a little worried that not enough people will watch the show, so it could certainly use the ratings. Wednesdays at 9:30 on abc!

Alright, abc, I did it. Please, please just give me my son back.

JK! Oh, speculative endorsements!


(photos are linked to sources)

No comments:

Post a Comment