09 December 2009

Train People Babies

Today on the train everyone looked like they did when they were 3. I started noticing it when this guy in the corner yawned and his eyes did the exact same thing they would have done when he was just a little guy. Suddenly I looked around and every person's face was pretty easy to imagine as a baby. Then I came across one of those older guys with lines lines lines in his face, but it was basically just as easy once he looked up. Everyone was a baby today.

It made me try to come up with related sketches (since I adore a good baby sketch), but I don't quite see any of them happening:

1. Everyone on the train is played by a baby but is an adult character - trench coats, scarves, etc. The train stops and a delay is announced. Everyone bursts into tears.

2. Two years ago I came up with a pretty great video idea where a college lecture is taught by a baby professor, but the babyfessor is like, so hip. So hip. He's like "Alright everybody, get out your texts...who here had no clue what Whitman's talking about with this passage? Alright, then let's unpack it!"

3. I remembered that I used to have a character in mind that hadn't really formed yet. Her only real trait was that she had NO interest in child care and yet because of the recession, she's a babysitter. So a woman with no sense of humor and who hates children has to be with children all day. And you KNOW she'll be really haughty about it! I'll keep working on this one.

This week, none of the New Yorker cartoons make sense. Don't even try!

No comments:

Post a Comment